Last Updated: May 19, 2020
Notice Regarding Use of the Services by Children The Services are not directed to children under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that children do not provide personal information through the Services.
How We Collect and Use Personal Information We will collect personal information about you, such as your name, postal address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address, date of birth, gender, IP address, profile pictures, or social media IDs through your use of the Services, such as when you download an App, participate in a survey, contact customer service, or otherwise interact with the Services. We may also receive your personal information from other sources, such as public data bases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms; as well as from other third parties.
We use your personal information to administer marketing or research programs. With any prior consent required by applicable law to engage in a particular type of communication, such as by phone, we also use personal information to send you news about our upcoming events, research and surveys, to conduct online surveys or other similar programs via email, telephone or postal mail. Further, we may also use personal information to send you important information regarding the Services, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important to your use of the Services, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications. In addition, we may use the information to understand consumer preferences in new or improved products and innovations. We may also use your personal information for internal business purposes, such as optimizing users’ Services experiences and analyzing, managing and expanding our businesses. If you apply for employment with Opinion Search, Inc., we may use the personal information you supply to process your job application.
We may also use your personal information: (i) as necessary or appropriate under applicable law; (ii) where we determine that such use is necessary to comply with the request of a law enforcement or regulatory agency or other legal process; (iii) to protect our operations or those of any of the Affiliated Entities; (iv) to protect the rights, privacy, property, interests or safety of Opinion Search, Inc., the Affiliated Entities, Services visitors, customers, business partners, employees or the public; (v) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; (vi) to respond to an emergency; and (vii) in connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Opinion Search, Inc.’s business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
How We Share Personal Information Opinion Search, Inc. may share personal information collected via the Services with Affiliated Entities or other third parties as described below. You should also be aware that personal information about you may be transferred to or received by Affiliated Entities or third parties in the U.S. or in other countries, which countries may have different privacy regulations than those applicable in the country where you reside.
- Service Providers. We may use third parties to help us operate our business and the Services or to administer activities on our behalf, such as sending emails or conducting marketing, survey or research programs. We may share personal information with these third parties for those business purposes.
- Other Third Parties. We may share personal information with unaffiliated third parties in connection with the services we provide, including consumer preferences, market data and research.
- E-mails to Friends. Please note that any personal information you provide in connection with sending an electronic postcard or other message to a friend through the Services, such as your name and your e-mail address, may be disclosed to your friend.
- Assignment. We may transfer information that we collect from Services users to an Affiliated Entity or a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Opinion Search, Inc.’s business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
How We Collect and Use Other Information
We may also collect other information that does not reveal your specific identity or directly relate to an individual through the Services (“other information”), such as domain, URL, browser, device and operating system information, information about visits to the Services pages, App usage data, demographic information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity, and information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity.
We and our third-party service providers may collect other information in a variety of ways, including:
- From you. Information, such as your preferred means of communication, consumer preferences, and opinions on products and services, is collected when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with personal information, this information does not personally identify you.
- By aggregating information. Aggregated personal information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services (for example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
We may use and disclose other information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat other information as personal information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose personal information.
In some instances, we may combine other information with personal information (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we do combine any other information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Selling of Personal Information We do not sell your personal information to any affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
User Generated Content Functions Certain pages on the Services, including our Social Media Pages, may enable users to create their own profile page or submit their own content (for example, message boards, forums, chat functionality and blogs, among other services). Any information you disclose in connection with such services may be publicly available and be read, collected, or otherwise used by anyone who visits the page on which you have chosen to comment, and you should exercise caution in deciding whether to disclose your information there. Opinion Search, Inc. cannot prevent such publicly-available information from being used by others in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy and safety, and is not responsible or liable for the results of any postings or the use or disclosure of any information that you disclose via such postings.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, usage, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any personal information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
Security of Personal Information Opinion Search, Inc. takes measures designed to protect personal information collected through the Services against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Questions” section below.
For your own protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personal information, such as payment card information, in any emails you may send to us. Opinion Search, Inc. will not request sensitive personal information in our emails to you.
Jurisdictional Issues Your personal information may be stored and processed in the State of Michigan and any other location where we have facilities, where our Affiliated Entities are located, or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you understand that your information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
Questions If you have any questions about this Policy or how Opinion Search, Inc. processes your personal information, please contact us by e-mail at Info@opinionsearchusa.com.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING CALIFORNIA
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), we are providing the following additional details regarding the categories of personal information about California residents that we have collected or disclosed within the preceding 12 months:
What We Collect. We collected the following categories of personal information
- Identifiers, such as name, contact information, online identifiers (ex. IP address); 2. Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as name, address, telephone number, email, profile picture, date of birth, and information related to employment, education and experiences, preferences and interests; 3. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as sex, marital status, age, race, disability, medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, citizenship, primary language; 4. Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems and advertisements; 5. Professional or employment-related information, such as work history, prior employer, details of qualifications, skills and experience; and 6. Inferences drawn from any of the personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
From Whom We Collect. We collect this personal information from you and from other categories of sources, which include: our Affiliated Entities; public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; from people whom you are otherwise connected with on social media platforms; and other third parties, when they share the information with us. We use and disclose this personal information to operate our business, to provide our services, to accomplish our business purposes and objectives, and for the purposes described above in this Policy.
To Whom We Disclose. As described above in this Policy, we disclose the following personal information to third parties, including our Affiliated Entities, business partners (including dealers, retailers and partners for co-branded pages), third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), and public or government entities for our operational business purposes:
- Identifiers, such as name, contact information, online identifiers (ex. IP address); 2. Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as name, address, telephone number, email, profile picture, date of birth, and information related to employment, education and experiences, preferences and interests; 3. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as sex, marital status, age, race, disability, medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, citizenship, primary language; 4. Commercial information, such as transaction information, purchase history, financial details and payment methods; 5. Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems and advertisements; 6. Professional or employment-related information, such as work history, prior employer, details of qualifications, skills and experience; and 7. Inferences drawn from any of the personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
We Do Not Sell. We have not “sold” personal information for purposes of the CCPA. For purposes of this Policy, “sold” or “sale” means the disclosure of personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration but does not include, for example, the transfer of personal information as an asset that is part of a merger, bankruptcy, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business.
Right to Request. If you are a California resident, you may have the right to request that we: 1. Disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such personal information; b. The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you; c. The business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information about you; and d. The categories of personal information about you that we otherwise shared or disclosed, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such personal information (if applicable).
- Delete personal information we collected from you.
We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
How We Verify Your Request. In order to process your request, you must provide us with the following personal information, which will be used solely for the purpose of verifying your identity:
- Address; and
- Telephone number.
Upon receipt of this information, we will compare the personal information you provide in connection with your request to the consumer information we have in our systems and applications to determine whether or not we have any of your personal information. If additional information is necessary to verify your identity, we will send a Requesting Additional Information letter to you using the same method of communication you used to submit your request unless you designate a different method of communication.
How to Make Requests. If you are a California resident, you may make a request for the disclosures described above or make a request to delete personal information we collected from you, by contacting us at: (800) 358-9919 or Info@opinionsearchusa.com.